My iphone will not detect other bluetooth devices or allow any others to send to it
- I have found that so far the Iphone only detects apple bluetooth products. I have tried my sony stereo headset and handsfree kit and they won't detect but the apple headset does
- This is not strictly true - my iPhone connects wonderfully to my Plantronics Voyager 520 headset. It will not connect to other phones, headphones, etc. via bluetooth. It is intentionally crippled and will only connect to a headset via bluetooth.
My guess is that Apple sells songs and doesn't want you trading them around to your friends via bluetooth. Whatever the reason, it's quite annoying.
- why Apple think ringtones will rule a good PDA like iPhone?
anyone can make ringtone with they iTunes Apps:
1) get any song/mp3 cut down to what you need as ringtones
2) in iTunes saveas /export that song to *.aac, iTunes will save it in your harddrive as *.m4a
3) go and find that file in tour PC/Mac, and rename it to *.m4r then imports it back to iTunes. it will show up as ringtone in your iTunes sectioc
4) Transfer to your phone as ringtone. Now you have it