I brought a HP
The installation of Conexant audio 18.104.22.168 for vista only installable-but no audio.For all the rest, "media not found" pops up.
Can any body please suggest how I can get this Audio Driver for XP?
- To install audio / modem drivers, first download and install Microsoft Universal Audio Architecture (UAA) Bus Driver for High Definition Audio (sp32646):
And then install Audio driver:
NOTE: The URL above will take you to a non HP Web site. HP does not control and is not responsible for information outside of the HP Web site.
Download Sound.zip file from 'Save file to your PC: click here' at right bottom of the website.
Extract the downloaded zip file to a folder on hard drive.
Installing this driver may result in an error. But continue with the following steps to get the audio driver installed correctly.
1. Click on Start and select Run. Now type devmgmt.msc and press enter.
2. Right click on "Audio device on High Definition Audio Bus" and click Update driver.
3. Select "Install from a list or specific location"
4. Click Next. Then select "Don't search, I will choose the driver to install"
5. Click Next and then select "Sound, video and game controller" from the list.
6. Click Next and then click Have Disk.
7. Click Browse, Choose the location where you have saved the extracted folder.
8. Open the folder and choose the .inf file listed.
9. Ignore any errors you receive and proceed with the installation.
Conexant CX20548 Modem Driver for Microsoft Windows XP (sp36089.exe) (UAA Driver needed)
Download and install Conexant modem driver (sp36089). This will give error message and also will create a folder C:\swsetup\sp36089 which contains extracted driver files.
The same method which is used for installing audio driver needs to be followed for modem.
go to the above web site download the driver listed this is the first driver 1.37mb
then go to this web site and download driver listed 54.26mb
this is the second driver you need
install first driver reboot then install second driver sound should work as this is exactly what i did on my presario c700