Wednesday, November 26, 2008

My PS3's hard disk file system is corrupted

Problem:

My ps3 wont restore!!After the message hard disk file system is corrupted start restore comes up I start the restore and back to the same message.Please help me cant play games,Blu Ray,music or anything!!!Im dieing!!

Solution
:
  1. Just buy ANY laptop (2.5") SATA drive and replace the bad drive. Get a bit more space while you are at it. Get a 160 or 200gb, or a 7200 RPM drive instead of the 5400 RPM one that it comes with.
  2. I just think it's ridiculius to have to pay $150. It just happend not even 6 months ago we go it repared and it happend again just in april. I should not have to pay that money to fix something that they JUST repaired!!!!
  3. This happened to my husbands PS3 also. He put it into another PS3 and reformatted it and then when he got home and put it back into his it asked him to reformat again and this did the trick. It's been working ever since. He called Sony and they wanted him to send back his hard drive and they would either fix or send him a "new" refurbished one for $150. I don't think so!!
  4. This happened to my husbands PS3 also. He put it into another PS3 and reformatted it and then when he got home and put it back into his it asked him to reformat again and this did the trick. It's been working ever since. He called Sony and they wanted him to send back his hard drive and they would either fix or send him a "new" refurbished one for $150. I don't think so!!
  5. hi i posted my problem on 19th of may.i have a 60gb playstation that crashed i phoned plastation helpline 08705 998 877 and they where great they are sendin me a new playstation within 7 working day due to demand on the 60gb.this has been the best helpline i've phoned.the only down side is i have to start all my games from square the gf will not be impressed.Don't worry it seems bad but it does have a happy ending.....happy gaming
  6. I no how 2 fix this!! it happend 2 me 2day on my ps3 60gb PAL this is what i did...1) take ur HDD out (this does not void the playstation warenty).2) plug it back in and try an turn it on and format it.3) if it comes up with the message again then remove it again and this time put a tiny bit of 3 in 1 oil onto a tissue and then clean/lubricate the bit that connects the ps3(electronic connection) worked grate for me i could get onto the ps3 main menu and do stuff its just it kept freezing at most things.4) so i then backed up my data onto a memory stick pro duo and did a full system format on the ps3.

No comments: